CPGIS – The 28th International Conference on Geoinformatics
The 28th International Conference on Geoinformatics
(CPGIS Annual Conference)
June 26-28, 2020
Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, China
· Digital Earth & Digital China for a Community with Shared Future for Mankind
- International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS)
- Jiangxi Normal University
- State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering in Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing, Wuhan University
- State Key Laboratory of Resources and Environmental Information System, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- State Key Laboratory of Remote Sensing Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Key Laboratory of Virtual Geographic Environment (Nanjing Normal University), Ministry of Education
- School of Geography and Environment, Jiangxi Normal University
- Ministry of Education’s Key Laboratory of Poyang Lake Wetland and Watershed Research, Jiangxi Normal University
- Nanchang Base of International Centre on Space Technologies for Natural and Cultural Heritage under the Auspices of UNESCO (HIST-NB)
The GeoInformatics Conference series was initiated by the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS) in 1992, and has been held also under the name of CPGIS Annual Conference every year since then. This international conference series has provided a unique forum for exchanging novel ideas and cutting-edge knowledge on geographic information sciences and technologies among GIS professionals worldwide. It has become one of the most important international conference series in GIS.
The 2020 GeoInformatics Conference (the 28th CPGIS Annual Conference) will be held on June 26-28, 2020 at the Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, China. For other details of the conference, please visit the conference website: https://www.cpgis.org/Conferences/ConferenceDefault.aspx?ID=1076
We welcome presentations of cutting-edge researches on or related to broadly-defined geographic information sciences, technologies, and applications. Topics related to China are especially encouraged.
- Proposal for organizing oral sessions due: Dec 1st,2019
- Submission (extended abstract OR full paper) due: Jan 15th,2020
- Notification of acceptance of submission for presentation (oral or poster): Feb 12th , 2020
- Notification of acceptance of full paper to be included in the conference proceedings: Feb 29st, 2020
- Registration opens: Mar 1st,2020
- Early Bird registration ends: Mar 31st ,2020
English is the presenting language of the conference.
Registration Fees （US$/RMB）:
|Before Mar 31st,2020||After Mar 31st,2020|
|CPGIS Regular member||$ 200/￥1500||$ 260/￥1900|
|CPGIS Student member||$ 140 /￥1100||$ 200/￥1500|
|NonCPGIS-member regular participant||$ 260/￥1900||$ 370/￥2600|
|$ 200/￥1500||$ 260/￥1900|
The registration fee covers (conference files, lunch, dinner, and tea/coffee breaks).
Registration Refund Policy:
If a participant cannot attend the conference due to an uncontrollable cause, the participant must contact the local organizer within 30 days after the last day of the conference to receive a refund of 75% of the paid registration fee. After this 30-day grace period, none of the registration fee is refundable.
If you need an invitation letter, please provide the following information via website:
1) your Date of Birth, 2) your Passport Number, 3) your detailed workplace address, and 4) the digital receipt showing that you have successfully paid the registration fee.
Submission and Acceptance:
Authors can choose to submit either an extended abstract or a full paper (but not both). Authors of accepted extended abstract or full paper will be invited to give oral or poster presentations in the conference. Acceptance priority will be given to submissions with concrete research results. Publications include the following:
- USB-drive publication:
All accepted extended abstracts and full papers will be included in USB-drives that will be received by all participants to the conference.
- Conference proceedings by IEEE:
Authors can choose to publish their full papers in the Conference Proceedings published by IEEE.
- Special issue in peer-reviewed journals:
Authors can choose to NOT publish their full papers in the conference proceedings, but instead submit them to special issues of international journals associated with the conference. If an author chooses to submit her/his paper to a journal, the paper must follow the format requirements of that particular journal and will go through the regular peer-review process of that journal.
- For a full paper to be included in the proceedings, the author(s) must present it in the conference.
- Due to the copy right restriction, the authors can choose to publish, if accepted, their papers either in the Conference Proceedings or a journal, but CANNOT BOTH.
Full papers that are accepted to be included in the Conference Proceedings will be charged a publication fee of $200, which is separate from the conference registration fee. The fee will be used to cover the cost in managing, reviewing, and compiling the submissions for the proceedings.
Publication Fee Refund Policy:
If a paper is accepted to be published in the Conference Proceedings, but its authors cannot present it in the conference for an uncontrollable cause, the paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings. In this case, the authors must contact the local organizer within 30 days after the last day of the conference to receive a refund of 75% of the paid publication fee. After this 30-day grace period, none of the paid publication fee is refundable.
Instructions to Authors:
- The length of an extended abstract is 800 – 1000 words in English. It is basically a shortened full paper and contains all major information about the research, particularly the objective, methodology, results, and conclusion. Please use thetemplate of extended abstract to prepare your submission of this type. The deadline of submission is Jan 15th,2020.
- A full paper for the Conference Proceedings must strictly follow the format requirements of IEEE. Please use thetemplate of full paper for Conference Proceedings or the example of full paper for Conference Proceedings to prepare the submission. The length of such a full paper is 4-6 pages. It is also highly recommended that the paper be proofread by an experienced English editor. Papers that do not meet the format and language requirements will not be further reviewed for content. The deadline of submission is Jan 15th,2020.
- For a full paper, if accepted, to be published in the Conference Proceedings, the authors of the paper must present it in the conference. Accepted papers not presented by the authors in the conference will not be published in the proceedings.
- If the author chooses to submit her/his full paper to the special issue of a journal, she/he needs to follow the journal’s Instructions to Authors. Special issues associated with the conference are announced on the webpage for submitting full papers.
- The abstract of your paper should be submitted via www.cpgis.org and email your full paper to email@example.com by the same deadline.
· For conference registration, transportation, and lodging, please keep an eye on
website in time.
· For business exhibition: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For extended abstract and full paper review, and
- For session proposal: Xun.email@example.com